Thursday, May 10, 2012

About Me

Well...if I had time to tell you I would. While this is intended as a joke, the truth is I am a fairly busy individual. I am a full-time student here at WCU in my Junior year. I am also employed full-time at a local hotel. I currently serve in the U.S. Army Reserve as a print and broadcast journalist. Oh yeah...I also have a “full-time” girlfriend who is my best friend and someone I love very much. She is terrific. So, if I were to have free time on my hands I would prefer to spend it outside, staying active, getting pumped up with Tony Horton, reading a book, playing music, taking photos and spending time with family and friends. Beyond the surface I must admit I see myself as somewhat of a “late bloomer” in life as I dedicated many of my formative years to irresponsibility and a spirit of apathy. I never really had a mentor, someone to look up to, growing up so I am looking to provide young people that which I never knew. I want to dedicate my life to teaching and perhaps the field of counseling as well. I have become tired of letting my life pass me by. I want to matter. I want to make a difference, perhaps “too” much at times as my present circumstance would suggest. (haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment